NITDroid, il famoso progetto che porta il sistema operativo Android su cellulare smartphone Nokia si aggiorna e rilascia una nuova ROM basata su Jelly Bean 4.1.1.
Saranno sicuramente contenti tutti i possessori di Nokia N9 MeeGo che hanno deciso di lasciare il sistema operativo MeeGo, praticamente abbandonato, per passare alla nuova ROM che porta Android su un fantastico cellulare ancora, dal punto di vista hardware, all’avanguardia.
Qui di seguito elenchiamo tutte el caratteristiche della nuova ROM :
What is working:
- Based on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) v 4.1.1_r2 (JRO03L)
- Google Applications (GApps; 20120726), PlayStore (Android Market)
- Dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
- N950 supported (see http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=134.0)
- 3D drivers, OpenGL, hwrotation (“fake” default portrait mode for landscape-oriented displays), livewallpapers
- Touchscreen (multitouch)
- HW buttons (volume, power), Nokia N950 keyboard
- ECI accessory (headset buttons)
- USB networking
- LCD off in sleep mode, colour profiles
- Alarm driver, RTC
- Mounting MyDocs as “SDCard”
- Basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube
- Wifi (only basic functionality: able to connect to AP, linkspeed/RSSI (signal strength) indication. no tethering).
- Basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900.
- Bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I’m able to send files between SGS2 and N9. I didn’t test deeper).
- Battery status, charging indication
- Sensors: accelerometer, compass
- Audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece), jack switch in kernel (h2w), beta-quality microphone support (shazam/soundhound, skype, some sound recorders)
- Lights HAL (lcd brightness, hw keyboard lights(Nokia N950) )
- Root access (via adb shell; su / SuperSU)
- FakeGPS (ability to trick system and set any location as GPS fix), no real GPS support yet!
A lot of minor and major bugfixes since alpha_4:
- Little gfx glitch while horizontal scrolling
- Voicesearch broken
- Voicecalls are still WIP
- No traffic indication in GPRS icon in statusbar
- Electronbeam is disabled in this build
Not working/ Work in progress:
- Cleanup source code, commit all changes, allow AOSP-like builds.
- RIL/ofono: connectivity problems on some operators. Advanced features: PIN/PUK (un)locking, roaming etc.
- Android USB drivers: adb, mtp etc.
- Sensors (als, proximity etc)
- Sensors: compass (calibration)
- Lights HAL (led)
- Audio (a2dp, microphone (attempt to record mono/8000Hz crashes mediaserver), voicecalls
- HW video decoding (DSP)
- GPS. GlonASS also
- NFC (n9 share the same nfc chip with crespo: pn544 from NXP. I suppose we could use crespo’s HAL/kernel modules with minimal changes, no need to write it from scratch. However, it doesn’t work atm ( userland problem ) ).
- A lot of other things